Inspections & Monitoring
There are a range of ways in which the academy is challenged to ensure continuing excellence.
* As part of AET (Academies Enterprise Trust), Westerings Primary Academy has regular support and challenge from our Regional Education Director who monitors performance and deploys WPA staff to support other AET schools.
* AET ensures that annual inspections are carried out by an Ofsted-trained consultant
* Annual EQR (Education Quality Review) audits the school improvement journey, and is led by a trained inspector and peer principal reviewers. The Westerings Headteacher is also trained as an EQR Principal Reviewer, supporting the review of other schools in the Trust.
* The academy also works with the Standards and Excellence Commissioners from Essex County Council to ensure high quality provision, as well as the local SETI (South Essex Teaching Institute) schools such as Grovewood, Edward Francis, Rayleigh Primary and Riverside (to name a few).
* The Academy is inspected by Ofsted, as per its usual schedule (last inspection: MAY 2023 - Westerings continues to be a Good school with Outstanding behaviour and attitudes).
Below: Congratulatory letters from the AET Director of Education (Claire Heald) and Essex County Council Director of Education (Clare Kershaw).