Westerings Parent and Staff Association
Westerings Parent and Staff Association (WPSA) run several events throughout the year to raise funds for our pupils. A dedicated team, supported by the wider school community, enable our pupils to benefit from a wide range of resources as a result of the money raised over the years. From iPads to adventure playgrounds, our pupils are better-off as a result of the time and effort our WPSA gives.
We have a busy and proactive Parent-Staff Association that arranges enrichment activities for the children, social functions and fundraising activities for the benefit of the Academy. All Parents/Carers are automatically members of the Association and you may choose to join the organising committee.
Some of the things that the WPSA have provided include:
* Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day Gift Shops where the children can purchase wrapped gifts with their pocket money
* Christmas Parties and Christmas Grottos
* Science and Maths resources as well as other equipment for lessons
* Community Fundraising events like the May Fayre
* Cycle Shed, The Burrow, the minibus...
* Ipads, visualisers and other ICT equipment
If you are interested in being either your child’s class rep., an occasional helper for events or a member of the organising committee you can contact a WPSA member via the school office.
OUR KEY MEMBERS:
Chair... Andrea Styles
Co-Chair... Charlotte Whitlock-Chaplin
Co-Vice-Chair.... Carolyn Burlison and Claire Arkwright
Secretary.... Jodie Edwards-Locke
Treasurer.... Emma Milton